This jam is the perfect combination of our traditional pomegranate jelly and blackberry jam. These flavors married together make a wonderful tart flavor with the depth and chuckiness a jam deserves. One of Nature Hills Farms signature jams as well as a crowd favorite.
Serving: 12 half pint jars
4 cups fresh or frozen blackberries (smashed)
4 cups pomegranate juice
1 box powdered pectin
7 cups cane sugar
12 half pint glass jars with lids
1. Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
2. Combine prepared berries with pomegranate juice and pectin in a 6 or 8-quart saucepan.
3. Heat mixture until near boiling, then add sugar. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over high heat, stirring frequently. Continue the hard boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary.
5. Ladle hot jam into a hot jar leaving a ¼ inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe jar rim. Center lid on jar and apply band, adjust to fingertip tight. Place jar in boiling water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
6. Process jars in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat; remove lid and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex when the center is pressed.
Nature Hills Farm is located in Southern Utah.